Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sammi Davis and Beetlegeuse!

or shall I say 'Beetlejuice' was Tim Burton's follow up to his freshman film 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'.
This film's story, special effects, and whimsy (yeah I said it) are why I felt the need to break out into song during many a family dinner. And Alissa Dean blog alum 'Perv-Job Mcgee' Jeffrey Jones (Mr. Rooney) was in it. Along with a host of other way less pervy and much more talented folk. Below please enjoy the inspiration for my many table top antics as a child (and..erm..older child/teen/adult).....

OMG! and in my googling I actually found that Tim Burton originally wanted none other than Sammi Davis Jr. to play the title role! Check out this video of him at 6:


Great non sequitor Alissa! I never need to see that again!
Anyway, Sammi as the B would've been awesomely weird but alas, we were blessed with the insanely genius and quiiiiite underutilized Michael Keaton. Where the heck is Mr. Mom these days anyway...?

6 comments:

  1. SOMEbody has clearly not seen Toy Story 3 yet...

    ps. Beetlejuice a) is vastly underrated these days, b) stars Alec Baldwin -- how could you go wrong there -- and c) also happens to be one of the films that made me want to write music for the mooveez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pps. I'm starting a bad precedent here of only responding to posts that mention Jeffrey Jones. I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You love JJ....! And yeah...Such a fabulous score!
    Toy Story 3...hmm..interest piqued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched Beetlejuice last night, too! I think we must be on some weird wormhole sync on our televisions. How great is it to see Alec Baldwin BEFORE he became a fat bloated alkie pile of s-h-i-t?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I know! ...want another young, HOT Alec Baldwin movie...go Netflix "Prelude To a Kiss".....Him and Meg Ryan! HAWT!

    ReplyDelete