Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"We're going to die and I'm wearing my mother's underwear!"

"Do I know you? Nah, I couldn't possibly, you're wearing a pair of goggles!"

Mother's underwear. Amazing. Favorite line from the HIGHLY underrated follow-up to Grease....Grease 2!

This film was friggin BrazIIIILiant! First of all, you had a WAY hotter blonde heroine, Stephanie Zinone, one fresh faced and hot as the day is long, Michelle Pfieffer in her first real film role!

You also had the return of Didi Conn aka Frenchy, Sid Ceaser as Coach Calhoun, Eve Arden as Miss Mcgee and Dody Goodman as the idiotically lovable Blanche. And a whole new set of T-Birds and Pink Ladies! Including Lorna Luft (aka Judy Garlands daughter!) and pre-Bachelor Party Adrian Zmed (<----- anything you wanted to know about Mr. Zmed is in this AWESOME video) AND a very pre-Happy Gilmore/Shooter Mcgavin - Christopher McDonald (side note...saw him at an audition once...had to constrain my mouth from screaming "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast....you eat pieces of shit for breakfast? No!!")!!

There is so much I can say about the merit of this film, the music, the story, the ridiculously cheesy lyrics....the fact that there are songs about bowling, biology and the poorly masked identity of a classmate who simply wears goggles and rides a motorcycle and no one has any idea who he is because of this...but the truth is, the film just friggin STANDS UP after all this time. And I truly feel, sorry for the blasphemy, it's BETTER than it's predecessor. At least, it's a film that, if it's on TV, I will sit and watch the whole thing...and sing along....loudly.


No comments:

Post a Comment